Media training is a great way to learn about the media market and gain insights how journalists work and what information they find useful. An integral part of the training is a workshop on giving speeches in front of a camera, where we practice different types of media utterances in comfortable conditions.
- The knowledge of the media market and the knowledge of how journalists work and what information they find useful, are the conditions for effective relations with the media. During the training, we will define the key media for the company, we will analyze existing publications and discuss how to cooperate with journalists,
- The ability to formulate a media announcement and answer journalists' questions to communicate what is important to the company, is a craft that can be learned. During the training, we will show you useful communication techniques and we will practice them,
- Our trainees often ask when and how to demand a disclaimer and how does the process of authorizing an interview look like. Based on the press law, we will share our knowledge about principles ruling those issues and we will work on examples from the press. There will also be an opportunity to formulate your own corrections based on the selected publication.
Workshop on giving speeches in front of the camera.
The knowledge gained during the theoretical part of the training will serve as an introduction to the practical part - giving speeches in front of a camera. Usually this workshop consists of:
- Brief introduction - your role in the company, your responsibilities,
- "Elevator pitch" - a short and concise presentation of yourself, a product, idea or a problem - we will select a suitable topic for every participant,
- Talking to a journalist "with a thesis" - answering difficult questions,
- Comment on a chosen topic (for radio or television),
- Additional options include a mock press conference and a radio or television debate that we arrange on client's request. It is also possible to invite a well-known journalist to lead the workshop (what requires an extra fee).
While working with the camera we will also pay attention to body posture, gesticulation, pace and fluency of speech. We will tell you what is the "dress code" of public appearances. After the training, every participant will get a recording with analysis and recommendations for the future. We also take care of participants' comfort - recordings may be made individually or in the group forum - (to be decided by the client).
Benefits of media training:
- Participants will get to know the specifics of media work. They will also know which titles are crucial to their business/organization,
- They will learn what press release should include that it's attractive to journalists,
- They will learn and practice useful communication techniques and how to create a statement for the media,
- They will learn what are their rights and obligations while correcting and authorizing under press law,
- They will learn how important it is to prepare for media appearance, in front of the camera or to a public speech,
- After experiencing a speech in front of the camera, they will know on what they should focus on in order to control their body and face expressions, gestures and voice.
Training duration and logistics
- Closed training, adjusted to client’s needs,
- One-day workshop with a camera - up to 5 people; if there are more participants we recommend dividing the training into modules: theoretical part with exercises on the first day, speaking in front of the camera on the second day,
- Training can be held at the company’s office or in a rented space with catering and necessary equipment (projector/TV screen, flipchart),
- Renting a professional camera / hiring a camera operator / archiving participant recordings (CD or pendrive) – requires an additional fee.